Evaluates network system security by conducting simulated internal and external cyberattacks using adversary tools and techniques. Attempts to breach and exploit critical systems and gain access to sensitive information to assess system security.
This career is part of the.
A person in this career:
- Assesses the physical security of servers, systems, or network devices to identify vulnerability to temperature, vandalism, or natural disasters.
- Collects stakeholder data to evaluate risk and to develop mitigation strategies.
- Conducts network and security system audits using established criteria.
- Configures information systems to incorporate principles of least functionality and least access.
- Designs security solutions to address known device vulnerabilities.
- Develops and executes tests that simulate the techniques of known cyber threat actors.
- Develops infiltration tests that exploit device vulnerabilities.
- Develops presentations on threat intelligence.
- Develops security penetration testing processes, such as wireless, data networks, and telecommunication security tests.
- Discusses security solutions with information technology teams or management.