Plans, directs, or coordinates activities in such fields as electronic data processing, information systems, systems analysis, and computer programming.
This career is part of the Business Management and Administration cluster Business Information Management pathway.
A person in this career:
- Directs daily operations of department, analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, developing standards and setting deadlines.
- Meets with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others, to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
- Reviews project plans to plan and coordinate project activity.
- Assigns and reviews the work of systems analysts, programmers, and other computer-related workers.
- Provides users with technical support for computer problems.
- Develops computer information resources, providing for data security and control, strategic computing, and disaster recovery.
- Recruits, hires, trains and supervises staff, or participates in staffing decisions.
- Stays abreast of advances in technology.
- Consults with users, management, vendors, and technicians to assess computing needs and system requirements.
- Develops and interprets organizational goals, policies, and procedures.