Develops and implements a set of techniques or analytics applications to transform raw data into meaningful information using data-oriented programming languages and visualization software. Applies data mining, data modeling, natural language processing, and machine learning to extract and analyze information from large structured and unstructured datasets. Visualizes, interprets, and reports data findings. May create dynamic data reports.
This career is part of the.
A person in this career:
- Analyzes, manipulates, or processes large sets of data using statistical software.
- Applies feature selection algorithms to models predicting outcomes of interest, such as sales, attrition, and healthcare use.
- Applies sampling techniques to determine groups to be surveyed or uses complete enumeration methods.
- Cleans and manipulates raw data using statistical software.
- Compares models using statistical performance metrics, such as loss functions or proportion of explained variance.
- Creates graphs, charts, or other visualizations to convey the results of data analysis using specialized software.
- Delivers oral or written presentations of the results of mathematical modeling and data analysis to management or other end users.
- Designs surveys, opinion polls, or other instruments to collect data.
- Identifies business problems or management objectives that can be addressed through data analysis.
- Identifies relationships and trends or any factors that could affect the results of research.